Moving to another house entails a lot of work. You do not only prepare the new home but you also have to clean and put everything in order in your current abode. In order for you to get your entire bond back, you have to consider bond cleaning. When you rent a place, you will be required to pay for a deposit fee which your landlord will utilize for the cleaning or for needed repairs should you decide to leave. This is where you will need the cleaners. They will clean-up the whole place and do minor repairs so that the house will be in perfect condition again. If the owner sees that you took care of the abode, he will give you back your deposit.
To ensure that you get the property into its former state, you need to have the bond cleaning checklist. This is a list of furniture and other items that are found in the residence when you moved in. It also includes the condition of the permanent fixtures. This will be your guide on what to fix or to clean before your scheduled move. The following are steps to help you in putting things back in order.
1. Check for broken items. Replace if there are any before you return the key. Take a look also of the light fittings and some screws that can be missing. If your landlord is strict about these things, once he sees anything missing or broken, he will definitely take a big chunk off your deposit.
2. If the place has carpet flooring, decide if you will clean it yourself or if you will hire a carpet cleaning specialist. To help you decide on this, compare the current state of the carpet from the first time that you have stepped on it. Through this you will know if it will need lots of work or just simple vacuuming. Remember to restore it to its former state to avoid any problems with the owner.
3. Do check the wall for any stains. If you found some, clean it by wiping it gently with a damp cloth. If it is tough to remove, use soapy water. Make sure that you don’t put too much force to it because if you do, it will damage the paint. You definitely do not want to spend money and your time repainting it.
4. Make sure as well that the windows are properly cleaned. The glass should be clear and free of unappealing streaks.
5. Last are the ovens, refrigerators, and other appliances that are already there when you moved in. Clean them up and see to it that the seals of the oven and the fridge are still working.
If you have lived in the house for too long, surely the state of it is different from the time that you moved in. If you think that there is a huge difference, you can hire a bond cleaning company. They will charge you with a single bill instead of billing of you for every task that they do.